Electronic prescription service
EPS is a new service for patients who regularly receive repeat prescriptions from their GP.
EPS will be right for patients who have a stable condition and
- don’t want to go to their GP practice every time to collect their repeat prescription.
- collect their medicines from the same place most of the time.
- use a prescription collection service now.
EPS is NOT right for those patients who:
- don’t get prescriptions very often.
- pick up their medicines from different places.
- travel or work away from home a lot.
What you need to do?
Ask someone at the GP surgery or at any pharmacy or dispensing appliance contractor that offers EPS to add the nomination. You don't need a computer to use EPS.
Carers can benefit from EPS too – ask at the GP surgery or the pharmacy you visit on the patient’s behalf.
For more information about EPS visit www.cfh.nhs.uk/eps, your pharmacy or contact your GP surgery.